Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mysteries of the Heart. Short Story. For Reflection.


These two sisters would quarrel all the time and the king of the village called them to decide which was the best.In order to avoid preferences he made them wear long robes with their heads covered and in this way nobody could see them but only listen to their discussion.
And the king said: " The winner will be considered as great mentor and she will govern all this place."
When the wise men heard those words they decided between themselves to choose the most alike to them so their town could not reclaim them anything.
So, they were guided to a large room and were told: " You'll have to answer our questions, by which, you will be evaluated and qualified."
Then, they followed the rules and asked one of them: " Tell us about you."
And she said: " If you ever would get depressed, I would never abandon you. I would be by your side night and day. If you ever had difficulties and anguish, I assure you that I will be there for you."
And they asked the same question to the other sister, who answered: " If all that would happen, I would flee, I could not stand it."
They were most surprised by that answer and tried to dwell on the topic, by asking one of them: " What would you do if somebody very close to you in the town, would die?"
She answered right away: " I would be in front of the funeral procession helping with my own hands in the burial. As you all, I would go day by day to the grave of this person. Even more, whether this person had my affection or not, I would help with all my heart."
They were moved by the answer and they asked the other sister who said: " I could not visit the cemetery, I could never join you and even if you asked me to go only once, I could not do it."
The wise men were most uncomfortable for this answer. They did not want to ask more questions but three questions were a must and they asked one of the sisters: " How do you get along with people? "
And she said: " I deeply go into their hearts and then, I take care of their minds, without leaving anything unattended. I am most interested since the first moment and once, I know them, no matter what happens, I am committed to always accompany them."
The wise men were most astonished with that answer and commented: " How charming, what a nice expression!"
Then, they asked the other sister who said: " I am fleeting and passing, it may be that I will be with you part of the day but you will not find me easily. If I enter your door, I will leave by your window and before night fall you would have forgotten me."
On listening to these words, the king, who had been present, said: " This is enough!"
And the wise men also agreed. Then, they chose one and they dismissed the other sister. They even told her: " Because of your answers, it is much better, that you leave this town, we ask you to go and never come back. There is no place for you here. It is clear that your sister will be made mentor and she will rule the house of the king and all the townspeople. Her orders will be law forever."
The story goes that nothing was left of that town, only this story. If you ever pass by that place, you will see desert, wasteland and dust. Not even the filthiest animals and despicable beings enter that place.
I then asked who were those sisters. And they told me that those sisters were "Sadness" and " Happiness"
As you already have realized, when they were all covered with robes and hoods they looked alike. Sadness is possessive, absorbing and a liar, that is the reason that she won since she gave the impression of perfect attention. While the other sister, is like a shooting star since happiness is a passing state. But a terrible thing happened as soon as Sadness started to rule, the king lost his family, horrible plagues came, the harvests were lost. Sadness took over their hearts and finally all was lost.
Nothing was known about Happiness since she was forbidden from coming into the city and that is why the kingdom was lost.
Life is filled with mysteries! Be very careful and do not be confused. Read this story many times and as you read again, you will understand more.
~~~~~~~~~~
Visit us at Mystic Healing Art
Artist and Author,
Oscar Basurto Carbonell

No comments: